Friday, April 27, 2012

The Armpit Collection XLI: Interventionist God? Nah.

This offering may come off as quite tame for "Nick Cave," but I can assure you, it's ripe. The opening line of the first song...

Also, I love this idea in "Brompton Oratory," which basically tells the story of walking into a church and hearing a sermon. There's a wonderful drift that is present in almost all of the songs. A lightness to contrast the heaviness of the lyric.

Apparently there's a bunch of material left off the album that can be found as B-sides. Still need to check those out. Dig it.

3 comments:

YaYaYaDonTKnowMe said...

If you want to listen to some great tunes you should check out the new Jack White album. That's been on heavy rotation in Brooklyn these days.

JlikeBoB said...

I haven't listened to the album proper, but the handful of videos, clips, performances I've seen haven't really grabbed me (though they all seemed fun).

I've anticipated his solo release for quite some time, so I should sit down with it.

YaYaYaDonTKnowMe said...

As you may or may not know, I'm not the biggest White Stripes enthusiast. I was prepared to be critical of his first solo album, but ended up really appreciating his efforts. It's honestly a pretty mellow album (save for the single/second song which rocks), it makes me think along the lines of Exile on Main St. Simply blues based songs with their own unique razzle dazzle. I was listening to it with Adam, Amanda, and Billiard, smoking cigs and drinking beer. Good times.