Friday, May 8, 2009

ATTACKED IN THE NIGHT!

This is what I looked like at 5:30am this morning. I had been bitten by some kind of bug in the right eye, right arm and hand. I could feel the poison running through my veins. There was tightness and pressure throbbing with my every movement. I kept thinking that I had spider bites. My wounds felt warm and sollen like a welt; no obvious bite marks visible.

I called my doctor to make an appointment, but he was gone for the week, so at the suggestion of many I went to the Emergency Room at Mt. Sinani in Spanish Harlem. The swelling around my eye got worse, and I was losing strength in my arm.

I sat in the waiting room an hour and a half before seeing a doctor. No biggie, wasn't like I couldn't breath or anything. The nurse and the doctor had trouble agreeing in what happened to me. Possibly I had bites from spiders, maybe bed bugs or even a mouse. Am I getting The Plague? Nah, I should be fine... So whatever, at least I didn't have to go to work today...

5 comments:

lucy lawless said...

good lord in the morning

RYAN! said...

Ewww

JlikeBoB said...

the HIV? You can always accuse Roberto Alomar of sleeping with you...

YaYaYaDonTKnowMe said...

WHAT?! I was going to blame SPIDERS!

RYAN! said...

I wikipedia'd it and it is definitely full-blown AIDS.