Tuesday, July 14, 2009


It's four o'clock and I am at work. I got white-out on my knuckle that goes nicely with the turquoise stone on the opposite knuckle. It is sunny out. I just came in from it and am a little perspired. I was walking around downtown Hagerstown wondering what it was like during the Civil War and if there were any soldiers still hiding out, maybe behind the laundry mat. I didn't see any. Then I saw a slave mother and her two sons but immediately caught myself, realizing it was one hundred and fucking forty four years later. I found debris from the war in a pawn shop the other day which included bullets, belt buckles, and blades, but I bought "Bad to the Bone" George Thoroughgood on film instead and left the war memorabilia for some other buff. It's our claim to fame here...the site of bloody 19th century line up in rows and shoot at each other style civil war. Maybe one day it will be known for something else like music.

4 comments:

JlikeBoB said...

Yes'm

YaYaYaDonTKnowMe said...

Great write up, Lucas. I do always enjoy when people share personal stuff and give their point of view.

YaYaYaDonTKnowMe said...

Good pic too!

RYAN! said...

I miss the Civil War. It was the closest we got to Knights of the Round Table type shit.