Friday, July 31, 2009

Roald Dahl in Stop Motion



I once knew a guy from California that introduced me to a variety of subjects as a teenager that I, in my presence, still occasionally indulge. These subjects range from longboarding, Bob Dylan, Surf Rock guitar, Red Stripe, and Rushmore (and ultimately, Wes Anderson [new film above]).

His west coast attitude must have impacted me considerably because after graduation, I planned a road trip with a couple of buddies across the country. Oceans Atlantic to Oceans Pacific. Patriots to Dudes. Coal Minors to Gold Minors.

This trip never happened because the night before we were to leave my one buddy smashed his head against the pavement while skating like Michael J. Fox behind a sedan. The concussion allocated my savings towards a single semester of schooling the following fall.

Such an opportunity to travel the countryside has yet to arise ever since, but my bucket list is always expanding.


Coming soon...My Bucket List

12 comments:

JlikeBoB said...

Let us not forget that the Concussion also allowed your participation in a glorious period of rock n roll indulgence.

JlikeBoB said...

what does the vid have to do with the guy from CA?

lucy lawless said...

it is the new wes anderson movie

lucy lawless said...

i was being optimistic about using the money for school instead of my parents. i'm not sure about the Drag/Family Swaggard/concussion connection...maybe in a weird butterfly effect way but not directly.

YaYaYaDonTKnowMe said...

who is the guy from CA?

lucy lawless said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lucy lawless said...

jacob brown. his wife worked with my mother and that is how we met. check it out: http://www.herald-mail.com/?cmd=displaystory&story_id=228001&format=html

YaYaYaDonTKnowMe said...

Your mention in Herald Mail for playing a show in Williamsport really should be its own post. Put some pics up! (or I will)

JlikeBoB said...

Oh, it was directly. You wouldn't believe the connections Matt had back then...let's just say...that concussion was no accident.

what does Jacob Brown have to do with Wes Anderson?

lucy lawless said...

Rushmore

lucy lawless said...

the concussion only ended a planned trip. sorry, no destiny

JlikeBoB said...

Oh, ok. Take that trip my friend.