Saturday, January 24, 2009

Slept On Sounds: Grazing in the Grass



So it seems that quite often I come across songs that have either been overlooked or forgotten through time that I feel deserve some honorable mention. So with that in mind and following on the success of Mr Seger's great "Armpit Collection" series I present a new series for this blog, Slept On Sounds...

And for the first installment I give you the Hugh Masekela classic "Grazing in the Grass". Not only some fine trumpeting in this song, but also some of the finest cowbell in the history of music. I've heard this song in so many movies and so many television programs as their heading to commercial but until recently I never knew the name of it.

1 comment:

RYAN! said...

I prefer Friends of Distinction's retooled version with completely nonsensical lyrics about "diggin' it," but Hugh's version is all right, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm3UWI19xH4