Monday, March 2, 2009

I'm Afraid of the Police!



So I've long been afraid of cops. Not sure why, I guess it's for the same reason that I was afraid of clowns as a kid, it's just one of those things. But as I've gotten older I've lost my fear of clowns but my fear of the police has grown. Now don't get me wrong, I know that the large majority of cops are good people doing a very difficult job protecting us all. But it's the other ones that I'm afraid of, and because of that it generalizes into a fear of all cops.

And with the recent rash of police brutality videos my fears aren't abating. I've seen video's of highway patrolmen in South Carolina running down people with their cars because they were too lazy to chase them, I've seen a homeless man handcuffed and beaten for no reason, I've seen a guy handcuffed and shot dead in the back, and we all remember the infamous "Don't Tase Me Bro!" clip. Well then now there's this video, of a 15 year old girl getting the fuck beat out of her. She takes a charging punch to the face, a head slam against the wall, then a hand full of hair twists her back and slams her face first onto the ground, then the knee in the back while pulling the head up in some modified camel clutch position, and then the obligatory fists to the face.

For someone with a phobia of police shit like this is terrifying....

3 comments:

YaYaYaDonTKnowMe said...

The cop claimed that she threw her shoe at him and he was acting in self-defense.

Very complicated.

Bradley Glisson said...

Yeah I heard that...he said that her shoe broke his shin. Well from the video it looks like she barely kicks her shoes off towards him and it seems he broke his shin on the toilet bowl while he was face planting her against the wall.

Either way it's a grown man beating up a 15year old girl. I'm a 26 year old man so I can only imagine what kind of beating I might would get.

JlikeBoB said...

ahhh, how we govern ourselves