Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Exiled from 'Exile'

"Plundered My Soul" was gonna be on the Rolling Stones album "Exile on Main Street" along with two or three other songs. Those songs were kinda sucky back then, I guess, so Jagger/Richards decided to leave them off. Those songs might still be kinda sucky today, but they're at least as good as anything on "A Bigger Bang," so the boys have decided to stick them on to the re-issued re-mastering re-recorded re-release of "Exile" due May 18.

You can listen to "Plundered My Soul" today, though, by clicking that thing there.



It's growing on me.

It also has a non-YouTube but official music video.

And here's the weirdest thing I've seen today:

5 comments:

JlikeBoB said...

Damn! That mash up is ridiculous, I quite like it though.

Exile:

"I must not have noticed all the cameramen while I was making the record. I was amazed at how much footage they actually found."

"The 'Exile...' reissue will be available on May 17 in the UK and May 18 in the US in three versions, as a CD with the original 18 tracks; as a deluxe CD edition with the bonus tracks; and in a super deluxe package including vinyl, documentary DVD and a collector's book."

Boy, record companies love doing these "levels" of consumption huh?

Lookin' forward to this and the Boss' DOTEOT... if that one happens.

Fortunately, I have my advance copy of Exile bootlegs courtesy of a little known 'leggin' operation.

YaYaYaDonTKnowMe said...

Is it just me or do Mick's vocals on the track sound v v 2010 and not so much 1970s? Either way I hope Mick Taylor is getting paid.

JlikeBoB said...

They do sound more recent.

YaYaYaDonTKnowMe said...

PS- how did you install that Youtube video of the song sans video?

NathanaelMcDaniel said...

having an instrumental version of the track, i've been under the impression that lyrics were written and recorded in preparation (or should i say, 'maximization') of the release. funny he sounds younger than he did then.

that book is probably eatin' 90% of all production and distribution costs.

also wonderin' how many title changes were made to fool those aforementioned 'leggers . . .