Monday, April 28, 2008

Day Off

I took today off work, and damn, what a great idea that was! I highly recommend it to anyone reading this... Here's a couple of things I enjoyed reading last week.

Sneak peek at the new Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City, which is based on the greatest city in the world, New York. Gawker's snarky commenters made some good remarks to the post, but the one that really hits close to home, "I heard the real challenge in this version is a mini-game in which Niko has to try and find an affordable apartment in Liberty City. Talk about MURDER!!!!" Ryan, please ask Nintendo or XBox people for a free copy of this game.

Everyone know Ann Coulter is a total biz-nitch, but I did enjoy this column heading. Think she's a fan?

The Mosquito is a devise that uses electronic speaker that emits a high-pitched tone which only young people can hear. The Olds are using it to clear out unwanted teen hangouts. You may have heard of The Mosquito, but I actually performed a scientific experiment with it at work. During "Bring Your Daughter to Work Day," I had a mother and daughter sit near my computer speakers as I blasted a mp3 of the the high-pitched tone. I could barely hear it. The mother couldn't hear it at all. The daughter, about 10 years old, covered her ears and pleaded for me to stop... I eventually did.

No comments: