Friday, April 25, 2008

I Still Love You Victoria Knight-McDowell

As you may know, on March 4th Airborne Inc. agreed to pay $23 million to settle a class-action law suit claiming the chalky wonder tablet doesn't actually fight off germs or disease. "Airborne is basically an overpriced, run-of-the-mill vitamin pill that's been cleverly, but deceptively, marketed," says David Schardt of the the Center for Science in the Public Interest. Alright, first of all, that statement pisses me off. I am 98% sure that because of Airborne I have killed off at least 3 major and 6-8 minor colds over the past 2 years. I don't usually get behind products with such blind love and push them to everyone I know, (this was the last one) but I did with Airborne and I'm not ashamed of it. F the Center for Science in the Public Interest. They can eat Tylenol and drink Robitussin all winter long if they want to. I prefer Airborne. Second of all, I have to mention David Schardt, the man behind that quote--I don't care what you have to say David, your last name is a poopy fart.

Anyway, it is important to know that THIS HERE is the actual site where you can download and file claim on the bread you dished out for your tubes of Airborne. $23 million is a lot of money and if they are going to be giving it out we all might as well get in line. Personally, I plan to get my settlement check, run to Pathmark, and head right to the medicine section to stock up on as much Airborne as I can. You can never have too much.

If you are worried about proof of purchases with your claim, its all good. Unless you are trying to get a refund on more than 6 packs you don't need a receipt. Unfortunately, this is kind of where I am getting screwed. As part of a special advertised deal a few months back I mailed away several bar code proofs from my Airborne packages to receive a free tube in the mail. I even included a handwritten letter (I'm not joking either) that said something along the lines of "I am an advocate for your product...keep up the good work." I have still yet to receive my free Airborne and am now half a dozen bar codes out. I suppose with all their legal troubles I was just not a concern -- its understandable.

One last thing -- as stated on the settlement page, Airborne has its final court date on June 16, 2008 in Riverside, CA. Anyone want to drive out to CA that week and protest in favor of Airborne with me?

7 comments:

YaYaYaDonTKnowMe said...

First of all, I can swear I saw Godzilla the other day endorsing Subway's Five Dollar Foot Longs. No, this wasn't a generic walking lizard destroying the city, it was definately Godzilla. Now I have to go to Subway.

Second of all, I was skeptical of Airbourne from day one.

RYAN! said...

I hate Airborne. I would rather crush up and snort a line of Centrum Silver.

RYAN! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JlikeBoB said...

When I first moved up here, I feel like I polished off a few tubes of Airborne (only to find out later that it was Airborne Jr) within a matter of weeks. My roommates are BIG Airborne supporters and it seemed every day or so I'd get a, "I'm gonna have an Airborne, want one?" I mean, what do you really say, "Nah, I'm good," so I just drank it...like it was a poorly carbonated, poorly flavored fruit beverage. Usually our fridge is stocked with purifying water, bottled water, whole milk, and sometimes some OJ, and then there's the alcohol, so an Airborne was a nice departure, if you will. Obviously I think it's complete bullshit about preventing sickness or whatnot. Speaking of tablets vanishing in water...anyone like Alka-Seltzer? Great for hangovers

YaYaYaDonTKnowMe said...

Yeah, I tried Airbourne, and found it kinda refreshing in a placebo kind of way. I really liked it in hot water, kinda like a tea. Really helps with the impression that I'm "getting better."

Todd S. said...

Yeah, that is the best part of it for me too. Airborne does a good job of tricking my brain into thinking it works -- and I like that.

Todd S. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.