Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Muxtape Madness

I first heard of this website, Muxtape.com, on Gawker. According to Muxtape's website:

Muxtape is a service for creating mixtapes... Muxtape is alive.

You can put up to 12 songs on your own personalized "Muxtape" site, just don't repeat the same artist from the same album. I found myself listening to a lot of random music at work. It's a pretty bitchin' idea, so I made my own Muxtape (not without effort, I had to convert all the songs I uploaded to .mp3s since that's the only format the site accepts). You can find it at www.mattical.muxtape.com (don't forget to turn UP your speakers). Enjoy! If you make a mix, I'll listen to it while I'm at work. Promise.

5 comments:

NathanaelMcDaniel said...

this is pretty cool. keep making 'em, you got a listener.

JlikeBoB said...

It's a cool idea...honestly, I got a little bored with it after a couple of days.

YaYaYaDonTKnowMe said...

I see your point. Listening to other people's mixes got old, since I'm a pretty picky listener, but now that I have my own, it's pretty cool. I'll mention it on here next time I update it. You should make one.

YaYaYaDonTKnowMe said...

That Dr. Dog band is pretty great, I've been listening to one of their albums a lot lately. They're like a better Prabir and The Substitutes, same sounding influences: Beach Boys, Beatles, The Band.

JlikeBoB said...

Dr. Dog sounds cool...i dig the Sonic Youth too. And you know I always love Since I Been Lovin' You...John Paul Jones for the rock n roll unsung hero award