Thursday, April 10, 2008

Don't Make Me a Target


Last night Emily and I went to Upper West side to see Spoon. I've got Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga on wax and bought the tickets for the show, and was pretty eager to see a good-live-newer-band. It was fun. They are interesting, with class and style, no pretension (except the two encores) and good energy/cool vibe. They played all the songs I wanted to hear, plus some intriguing ones (a cool "Rungle Through the Jungle"-ish tune that ended up being a Paul Simon cover). There's a link below to a npr interview/performance. I haven't listened to the show, but the interview is cool.

The first track of Ga is "Don't Make Me A Target" which could easily be interpreted as a citizens request to politicians...by all means, make yourself one if you please, but not me!

Interview/Performance

1 comment:

YaYaYaDonTKnowMe said...

Glad you enjoyed the show. I totally dig the "Ga" album as well. I had downloaded a Spoon concert from iTunes previously, pretty fun to listen to.

"You got no time for the messenger,
got no regard for the thing that you don’t understand,
you got no fear of the underdog,
that’s why you will not survive!"