Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Kinks in Site

It would be interesting to see the Kinks reunite because they are about the only band from their era whose original members are still living. The lead singer, Ray Davies, will already be touring this winter, including stops at NY and D.C. A while back, Jay introduced me to the Kinks and I will never forget the first time he played me Berkley Mews. The song is somewhat rare and as far as the internet is concerned, I have only been able to find it on YouTube. YouTube does not get enough credit for its audio archives.

2 comments:

JlikeBoB said...

Ahhh, Lucas, you're speakin' my language. "Berkley Mews" is one of my favorite songs, that piano. Actually, NattyBo got me into the Kinks around the same time I got into Holly Go. It's too bad Ray's solo output has been iffy.

RYAN! said...

I heart The Kinks. Great lyrics about subject matter that seems totally out of place in a rock song. David Watts, for example, is one of the coolest and creepiest songs ever.