Thursday, October 2, 2008

Ted Leo and The Pharmacists



Hot damn, after seeing them at Alley Katz and The University of Richmond, The Cat's Cradle in Chapel Hill, and Gallery 5 last summer, one of my favorite live acts is coming to my hometown of Durham, North Carolina. Also he's coming to you as well New Yorkers (Bowery Oct 25th). Leo shows are cheap, loud, hot as fuck, political, heavily Springsteen influenced, and a great excuse to get stoned. I highly recommend it.

http://www.touchandgorecords.com/tour_dates/index.php


(By the way, does anyone know the name of that studio they're playing in. I think that's the one Bruce used for The River. He recorded something there just not sure what.)

1 comment:

YaYaYaDonTKnowMe said...

I watched the video. At first I was going to pass it off as Power Pop, just hooky music with cheesy vocals, but the I saw they were on 6th Ave. (no idea what Street), but I love New York more than just about anything, so they started scoring points. Then I heard some passion in the vocals towards the end. Maybe I have a prejudice against new music? I tend not to like things I hear the first time I hear them (I'm sure you can all call me out to this point - except I loved Bob Dylan the time Jay played Live in '66 for me. I had some of his earlier stuff, but had never heard Bob rockin' up to that point and I really liked what I heard.). So yeah.