Sunday, February 1, 2009

It's A Gas, Gas, Gas!



A few Friday's ago I found myself drunk (again) at a bar in Hell's Kitchen. Around 10pm a band took the stage and began playing Rolling Stones covers. The lead singer was good, but I've seen better. I then found out this was no ordinary Stones cover band, this was a KAREOKE Rolling Stones cover band, so they encouraged people to join them onstage to get their "inner-Jagger" out in the open.

"I was born in a cross-fire hurricane!"

Needless to say I was the first participant. I was happy to have Kurt Cobain backing me up on guitar. My friend Becky started recording at the start of the third verse. I screamed, I shook, I threw myself to my knees. What you don't see in this clip, once the song stopped, I taunt the crowd merriclessly. "Thank you, little pig fuckers! I'd like to see someone follow THAT up, I dare you." Then I held up the mic and promptly dropped it to the floor and walked off stage. That cover band didn't know what hit 'em.

1 comment:

Bradley Glisson said...

Little Cobain looks partially terrified and completely confused. I mean they asked for the inner Jager,,,so they should've been prepared for anything.