Thursday, February 28, 2008

Da 'Bucks

Since the summer, I've somewhat indulged in the musical offerings of Da 'Bucks. Not the stuff they put out on their label, cause that's another discussion all together...but the stuff they compile and release as part of Da 'Bucks Entertainment. I'm impressed with the long (and tasteful) musical arm of Da 'Bucks. I think I expected more cheesy new age crap, but I've personally picked up some live Marley, a Fania compilation, and THIS, which of course is amazing and also closely related to the greatness of TTRH. I also recall seeing a quality Lennon retrospective, Atlantic & Stax compilations, the list goes on...I actually wish I could get one of those catalogs where I send them a penny and they send me like 15 CD's of my choice. Indulge my friends.

www.hearmusic.com

3 comments:

YaYaYaDonTKnowMe said...

The Dylan comp. album looks interesting, think I'll check that out. You're right, Starbucks definitely tries hard to bring the tunes, but honestly I'm addicted to Juan Valdez so I'm never really there.

JlikeBoB said...

You know, you should really take Juan down to the immigration office...I mean everyone likes to spend a few days in bed with young Puerto Rican boys, but addiction is too much my friend, do the right thing...

YaYaYaDonTKnowMe said...

Yeah riiight! Juan packs a punch like Da 'Bucks never could. Better muffins too.