Thursday, December 4, 2008

New York I Love You (but your bringing me down)



So I'm not sure if anyone here besides me picked up last year's fantastic LCD Soundsystem record "Sounds of Silver" but if not I'd highly recommend it (especially if you can find it on vinyl). The main brain behind the band (James Murphy) is known as having "the best record collection in all of music", and he puts it to show making tunes that range from Prince to VU to Can in sound. But at the end of it is this fantatic little piano ballad. Best song I've seen Kermit lypsing since him and Fozzie teamed up for Rainbow Connection.

2 comments:

YaYaYaDonTKnowMe said...

For the New York lover in me, I thought this video was awesome. I liked the song too, hardly metaphoric, and I can recently relate. Just last weekend I visited my family in MD, and realized for the amount of money I make in New York, I'd have no trouble buying a house, owning a car, and could probably support a family.

I've never blamed New York for "being brought down." I feel like the struggle here is realer than in most other places, and if you can't keep up, it would be in your best interest to leave. Most generation Yers are here on purpose. We're here because we want to be, and have a REASON to be here.

Bradley Glisson said...

From someone who only has seen New York through the eyes of cinema and through the stories of friends, it seems as if there is a certain love/hate relationship with the city. It's "The Greatest City on Earth" but with that has to come some downsides.