Sunday, December 28, 2008

Quiet Reflection



If left alone for an afternoon, there's no telling what my Mac and I will do. I made another song today in Garageband, a minute long instrumental track titled, "Quiet Reflection." Seeing that one can't exactly post a .mp3 on the blog, I went ahead and videotaped the outrageous Xmas display at the gas station down the street, thus making the project "shareable." When the Xmas decorations are put in slow motion with the song, I believe it brings both the song and video more to life. I got inspired to make this after watching this video.

If you go to the YouToobs to see the video, you can click "watch in high quality," and it looks and sounds a little better than how it's posted in the blog.

4 comments:

YaYaYaDonTKnowMe said...

No thoughts?

JlikeBoB said...

Sounds cool man, I know those Christmas decorations.

The tune sounds good to, but after you broke down to me how "it all works," I guess the glitter wore off?

YaYaYaDonTKnowMe said...

Well, the song is me playing, so I didn't use any of the "glitter" I spoke of earlier. There's two guitar tracks (one clean, one reverb), a bass track (my guitar with a bass effect), percussion (me tapping on the mic), and an effect loop to make it sound kinda weird. All in all this track, like you mentioned, is the result of hands on strings.

JlikeBoB said...

Ohhhh, cool man...the Brianjonestown effect on the Mattical...i might add.