Sunday, March 2, 2008

Lending a Helping Hand


I called my mother from work on Friday. She was home sick with the flu. She went on to explain how she had two tickets to see The Beach Boys in Shippensburg, PA that night. I asked her what she was going to do. Mom said if she forced herself to go she'd likely pass out and die (not a bad way to go, I guess), so she was trying to give the tickets away. Mom called everyone she knew (and even some people she didn't), and couldn't find anyone who wanted to go.

"What about Meghan and Kyle?" I asked.

"She told me no one in her generation would be caught dead at a Beach Boys concert." I could see Meghan saying that.

RIDICULOUSNESS! At a bare minimum, you'd get a free night on the town to absorb some good vibrations. Come on, is there something better going on in Hagerstown that night? Doubt it.

I asked mom if I could help; she said yes. Three minutes later I called her back... "Lucas is on his way." Touching, I know. I heard he planned on bringing a girl! Aw!

1 comment:

Bradley Glisson said...

I saw The Beach Boys last summer and must say they were great. Even though all that's left is Mike Love and Bruce Johnson they have a very capable cast of fill ins. Also Mike Love has to be one of the more underrated front men of all time. There's something so uncool about him that it makes him cool. And those songs still after all these years just have this sense of wonderment attached to them. I'd say of all the 'past their prime' acts I've seen The Beach Boys are the second best. Whose number one you ask? Hall and Oates by a country mile!