Thursday, July 17, 2008

Home sweet hometown



I love it when my hometown gets in the national news! Has anyone actually ever been to Mitzi's? Might be worth a visit next time I'm home.

Man Sues Lounge After Performer Slaps Him
HAGERSTOWN, Md. (AP) ―
A customer at Mitzi's Gentleman's Lounge in Funkstown who was assaulted by a performer there has filed a $400,000 suit against the woman and the club.

Larry Davis was slapped by Bethany Ann Smith, 27, in the incident in July 2007. Washington County District Court documents show she was found guilty of second-degree assault on July 3 and sentenced to six months in prison, which was suspended.

Davis is seeking $100,000 in punitive damages and $100,000 in compensatory damages from Smith, and the same from Gulsen Pierpoint, the owner of the lounge.

Because Smith was "carrying out her duties as a performer at the time of the attack," Mitzi's is liable for the battery on Davis, the suit alleges.

4 comments:

NathanaelMcDaniel said...

i thought getting slapped was part of the "Mitzi's Charm."

lucy lawless said...

This story also made our front page news. Believe it or not, I have never been to the joint. It is legendary for being the place people desire to go to towards the end of their Natural Bohemian case @ 3:00 a.m. Mitzi's does not have a liquor license so the customer must bring there own beer, hand it off to the "bartender", and then buy it back at a cheap price. Maybe some day I'll buy the same beer twice and take home some of that fine Cumberland Valley.

YaYaYaDonTKnowMe said...

Front page, huh? I agree with Nathanael, some people pay good money to be slapped around by a naked woman.

And, no, I've never been. I like my chicks with teeth.

JlikeBoB said...

I'm now demanding slaps at every bar I go to in the hopes of getting on Judge Judy