Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A Phil Hartman Joint


A friend recently bought me America's Greatest Hits on vinyl at a local thrift store. I noticed it was produced by George Martin and I was interested in finding out more about the band. As I was researching, I discovered that my new album was designed by SNL's Phil Hartman. It turns out that Phil was a graphic arts major at California State University.

It was also during this period that he helped Paul Reubens develop his Pee-wee Herman character.

Above are some of the albums I found that Phil designed in the 70's, including the logo for Crosby, Stills, & Nash.

1 comment:

JlikeBoB said...

I've heard that story about how the Pee Wee character was developed, very interesting. I don't remember making the Hartman connection.

Hartman's Sinatra is priceless.