Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Babies Thrown Off Tower

Last night (and I don't know how I got into it, but I mentioned to some friends) "yeah, kinda like how some Indians throw babies off buildings and shit." Anyways. They tried to deny me.

"Impossible," they told me. They thought I was joking.

"Please don't doubt me," I said with confidence. "I'm sure the YouToob's got it." Less than a minute later we're watching this:



"Babies are dropped several stories for good health and good luck at a shrine in Solapur, in Maharastra, India. I wonder if it will catch on in America, mothers throwing there new born babies off the roof of the hospital for good luck and fortune?" - text from beside the YouToob video.

I was happy that I'd got the part about them being from India right. Think of the embarrassment if they had been Pakistani! Then to address the, "wonder if it will catch on in America" comment... Um, yeah right. Don't be silly.

When watching the video, first there's a feeling of shock and amazement. So bouncy! How could those babies keep from getting hurt? That building they're throwing them from appears to be quite tall. I've also always wanted to throw babies off towers, glad to see someone's actually doing it. Wait. MAYBE IT'S FAKE.

"Of course not," I bellowed back at the shanagan-sayers. I remember seeing it on TV. At least I think I did. Several moments of heated debate continue.

Later today I receive this email:

Subject: Baby Dropping Apology
According to CNN, Indian baby dropping is REAL:
http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/05/01/babies.tower/

There's just some things you never forget.

RADICAL LINKS
- Poor Bennifer got caught in Ali G's storm.
- God save the Queen! Got to give it Denny K., he's always willing to go "there."
- Someone else is peeing in the Bush.

3 comments:

lucy lawless said...

Those babies must get one hell of a rush.

YaYaYaDonTKnowMe said...

Notice, they don't appear to be crying after falling.

RYAN! said...

They sew their eyelids shut.