Sunday, June 1, 2008

Bon Voyage!


Today, Sunday, June 1st 2008, my good friend and old roommate, Shahab, is embarking on a most excellent adventure. He's going to ride a bicycle across the United States of America! He couldn't have picked a better country, I'll tell ya.

When I first heard he was considering this adventurous trip, I thought he was crazy. I mean, he might get eaten by a wild animal, right? What is the possibility of me getting eaten by a wild animal in the next in the next two months? Zero fucking percent... because I'm NOT biking across the country. But, I have to hand it to him, in the last couple months, Shahab has PREPARED, and is now ready to go!

I will be traveling north on route 9 this Sunday then west to Erie on route 17. I think I should get to Erie in 8 to 10 days. From there I will continue traveling west through Cleveland (maybe get there around day 10) then Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota, North Dakota, Montana, Idaho, and ending in Seattle.

If you know people along this route, I would love to meet them.
I will have my phone turned on between 10:00-11:00 a.m. and 7:00-8:00 p.m. daily if you want to talk. I will also be changing my answering machine message daily if you want to get an update on where I am. please call as often as you like and leave me messages...

Best Regards,
Shahab

Let me know if you want his phone number. I'm already planning some funny voice messages I plan on leaving him. I admire his sense of adventure, courage (I can't begin to imagine the amount of chafage he has to look forward to), and wish him the best of luck. Have a wild time and get home safe!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope he prepared just a bit more before he left. Going into Erie, a few years ago most of Route 17 became I-86.

YaYaYaDonTKnowMe said...

Interesting. Thanks for the comment. I will pass that on to him.

NathanaelMcDaniel said...

this is awesome, he should write a book. i wish him what he wants and no more than one animal attack.

RYAN! said...

Also, what's left of route 17 is now more of a post-apocalyptic wasteland ruled by gangs of toughs on mopeds.