Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Armpit Collection II



The Heart of Saturday Night - Tom Waits

Another one of those records that's built right next to the 1975ish plateau of rock n roll songwriting, chronologically and figuratively. This is his second record and a crowning achievement for Tom Waits and blues balladry. Conceptually, it drinks and smokes in the same hours as a rambling Jack Kerouac and a broken hearted Frank Sinatra. Yes, let's put a new coat of paint on this lonesome ol' town.

7 comments:

NathanaelMcDaniel said...

i can attest, haven't been able to put this one down since i got my first copy.

Bradley Glisson said...

Ahhh how I love "Semi-Suite". Sounds like a great exhale of smoke!

NathanaelMcDaniel said...

stops in when he can . . .

JlikeBoB said...

The JJWalker version of "Looking for the heart..." is pretty awesome too.

YaYaYaDonTKnowMe said...

Don't have this one, don't think I've heard it. Buying it now on iTunes...

RYAN! said...

"DYNO-MITE!" JJ Walker? I'd like to watch that YouTube.

YaYaYaDonTKnowMe said...

Gave it a couple listens and I really like it. Another jewel in my treasure chest. Thanks, Jay!