Thursday, January 10, 2008

Computer Love


So here I sit at 3:10 in the morning feeling obliged to blog about something as I just received this brand new tasty blogging invitation. And one might would assume that inspiration would be hard to come by at this time of night, or morning depending on your interpretation of the time. But low and behold what do I see? Snoop Dogg dressed in full on Roger Troutman gear, talk box, keytar and all. I tried adjusting the rabbit ears as I thought I was picking up some strange broadcast from 1979, but soon realized I had no rabbit ears and that the feed was coming straight through the satellite box. Ahhh takes me back to a simpler time, back before Reganomics and Baskin Robbins having 32 flavors, back to when a man simply needed a sister for a back up singer, a vocoder, a couple synthesizers, shiny suit with the chest hair hanging out, and of course a legitimate soul band. Hell beats having to have a big record label, a metrosexual hair cut, fake interest generated through some myspace groupies, and an over inflated review in Rolling Stone to get noticed. I guess you were right all along Roge, 'I no longer need a strategy thanks to modern technology'! Shooby doo bop, my computer love

3 comments:

YaYaYaDonTKnowMe said...

Good to see you on here, Brad. Are you still taking naps in your car in the middle of the work day? No wonder if you're up past 3 on a workday.

JlikeBoB said...

What was Snoop doing? And is that Chairmen of the Board?

Bradley Glisson said...

Nah,,,it's Roger Troutman and Zapp. They are the bridge from late 70's soul to electro funk, and are actually the ground work for what would become West Coast Rap. And I dont know what the hell Snoop was up to. It was his new video I guess, pretty good I must ad, but still very jarring to see him in a lime green shinny suit, with the keytar and talk box, and grainy footage that looked straight out of the 70's. And no car naps as of late, still unemployed so I take my naps in the house now.