Sunday, January 13, 2008

Racegate '08


So I don't know if anyone has been following Racegate or not, with the 'shuck and jive', cocaine mentions, the Muslim accusations, the 'roll of the dice', 'kid', 'fairy tale', Bill implying his wife was tougher than Mandela, and the recent slighting of MLK, but there is a new bit of trash to be dumped on the pile. As being reported by the New York Times, Robert L. Johnson, the founder of Black Entertainment Television, who is campaigning today in South Carolina with Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton, just raised the specter of Barack Obama’s past drug use. He also compared Mr. Obama to Sidney Poitier, the black actor, in “Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner.”

The article then goes to state

He then added: “And to me, as an African-American, I am frankly insulted that the Obama campaign would imply that we are so stupid that we would think Hillary and Bill Clinton, who have been deeply and emotionally involved in black issues since Barack Obama was doing something in the neighborhood –­ and I won’t say what he was doing, but he said it in the book –­ when they have been involved.”

Moments later, he added: “That kind of campaign behavior does not resonate with me, for a guy who says, ‘I want to be a reasonable, likable, Sidney Poitier ‘Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner.’ And I’m thinking, I’m thinking to myself, this ain’t a movie, Sidney. This is real life.”


http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/01/13/bet-chief-raps-obama-in-sc/index.html?hp


4 comments:

YaYaYaDonTKnowMe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
YaYaYaDonTKnowMe said...

I also heard on NPR now that "many" African Americans actually trust the Clintons more than Obama on civil rights issues, because they have a better working history of taking care of business.

Bradley Glisson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bradley Glisson said...

I just think it's sad that the so called 'first black president' and his wife would run a campaign like this. I thought she was just going to play the 'experience' card and the 'vote for me I'm a woman' card. Guess I was wrong. Couple this with her crocodile tears and man, it just makes you loose so much respect for the woman. I'm curious how this will effect her re-election campaign in the Senate if she doesn't get the presidency.