Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I Don't Know If It's a Blessing


Part of my job is to read Odd News-type articles and this morning I read this one about a 19 year-old filmmaker who goes to live in a retirement community.

AND I QUOTE:

Most unforgettable is Tammy, nearly 96, who is witty and reflective. She jokes that her pills are for birth control and blesses each new morning. But she also feels the pain that comes from outliving everyone who has been close to her. "I don't know if it's a blessing to live this long," she opines.

If I was 96, then I think I'd feel just about the same way. That's why I smoke Camel Lights: the cigarette of choice for people who aren't quite sure if life's a blessing or a curse.

1 comment:

YaYaYaDonTKnowMe said...

Very funny, and it's always nice to see Joe Camel (as you know we lost him to Congress induced suicide in 1997). Nanny is like 86 or so and she's not super thrilled to see all her friends dies and live in pain. I like that author went to live in an old folks home, they always have the best prunes.