Sunday, January 6, 2008

First Post, Coast to Coast

Hello, to anyone who is reading this. I have created this "blog" so my friends and I can have some place to log in and post whatever we want. That's right, it's my plan to have multiple authors from all walks of life posting whatever they want, so we can all check it periodically and find some treasure. There's no rules or ideals, the powers of these posts are much too strong to be put into template. Post stories, literature, links, pics, and videos, whatever.

Below is the video for "Start Me Up" by the Stones, a good clip to usher in any new blog. You're welcome. Last weekend I spent a lot of time in Queens with Ryan watching VH1 Classic's "7 Ages of Rock." History of rock 'n roll never gets boring to me. No matter how many times I hear some dinosaur rocker say, "Dylan went electric and everyone hated it," I still love hearing it. The "American Alternative" rock age was personally the most enjoyable. It showed my teen idol (and last true rock 'n roller according to Viacom), Kurt Cobain, in various stages of rocking, drugging, and dying. Then modern day Michael Stipe (my favorite alterna-gay) said he tried to invite Kurt to Atlanta the week of Kurt's death. Mike didn't want him to be alone and depressed in the junkie rot state he was in. Too bad Hotlanta had yet to reach its full Crunkadelic potential (the world would wait until the early 2000s). Kurt would have found those hot beats irresistible, and he would still be alive today.

Finally, what do you think Kurt Cobain would be doing if he were still alive in 2008? Comments are always appreciated here.

2 comments:

JlikeBoB said...

Glad to publish amongst ye.

YaYaYaDonTKnowMe said...

The pleasure is all mine.