Monday, January 28, 2008

Do You Remember Ah-Ha?


I've heard that each time we remember something, we actually relive that moment, thus recreating that experience in our minds and usually molding that memory, given that there is that margin of human error. Since we live in such advanced (and you must say advanced like you are a exconvict pressman) times, I wonder if our appettite for documentation will eventually spiral us into a mode of self-perpetuation, on account of each experiences being "remembered" so exactly (with the internets and all)...

3 comments:

Bradley Glisson said...

When I see that picture I'm instantly reminded that MJ used to be awesome. I remember exactly where I was when Mike first decided to dance in front of Davie Bowie's wife and Eddie Murphy. Also wasn't the other MJ, Magic Johnson, in that video as well?

YaYaYaDonTKnowMe said...

I believe that when we remember something we're reliving it, though at different levels of intesity. A soldier from Iraq I'm assuming probably has much more vivid memories when he thinks about the time that he served there, as compared to anything I've EVER reminisced about via internet. The documents that come about from documenting will always be taken for what their worth - an unsuspecting fish in the net of Google? A myspace rant? This does not keep things from becoming self-perpetuating, but then again, what doesn't? The internets help pass time. Fun to think about, Jay.

I listen to NY Public Radio mostly before and after work, haven't caught Radio Lab though. I should check that out on iTunes or something.

Yes, Magic Johnson #32 was in the "Do you remember the time, WE FIRST MET!" music video. Michael Jackson was on top of his game then, and I was a fan. I'm thinking this is right around 4th grade for me?

Todd S. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.