Sunday, January 13, 2008

Weekend Reflection

As I am typing I feel a little "pickled" from the night before, whiskey still flowing in my veins. Great night though. I was in the Lower East Side at Arlene's Grocery to watch the Palominos (one of Richmond's finest rock 'n roll bands). They were very excited to see me and I was hella excited to see them. They didn't go on until 1am and the New York crowd was pretty, pretty, pretty tuned up by that point (myself included). Lots of people were dancing and there was a great vibe with everyone in the room. After their set they wanted to keep drinking, so we packed their stuff and headed to the Magician. We were out past last call. Once we stumbled back to their car, we noticed a huge puddle of blood where they parked, yum. It freaked them out, and I was like, "it's like this everyday here, just be glad it's not yours." Chin up. New York is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get.

The posted picture is what it looks like in front of my apartment, 107th St., facing Central Park on a beautiful day. I took this last summer, but it's applicable to Today, another beautiful day. Just got back from downtown. Picked up a new pair of kicks which I'm pretty excited about. Anyone else watching The Wire tonight? "Money ain't got no owners, only spenders" - Omar

No comments: